If you are more than 20 minutes late to your final destination, you can apply for delay compensation. You can choose between repayment of part of your expenses or a one-day ticket (value up to SEK 440). We must receive your application no later than two months after the event.
Note: If the trip crosses into Stockholm County, you must apply for delay compensation through SL.
How much compensation can I receive?
|Delayed more than||Compensated with|
|20 minutes||50% of ticket price|
|40 minutes||75% of ticket price|
|60 minutes||100% of ticket price|
Did you travel with a period ticket?
If you traveled with a period ticket, you will receive compensation equivalent to the cost of the delayed trip; see the following table.
Can I take a taxi instead?
If it is reasonable to assume that your trip will be delayed by more than 20 minutes, you are entitled to compensation for other transportation (e.g. another train or taxi). We will then compensate you for your expenses up to SEK 1,165 if you send in your original receipt together with our delay compensation form.
Delay compensation does not apply to
- Planned disruptions and cancellation of bus and train services announced by UL on our website ul.se no later than three day priors.
- When you change to a bus or train that's not presented as a connection in UL:s travel planner.
- Any tip paid to the taxi driver.
- Consequential costs, such as a missed dental visit, flight, or long-distance train trip.
- Multiple departures in sequence.
- A child or personal attendant who travels free of charge.
- Arlanda station access fee
We assume the rights of public transport passengers (2015: 953) as regards our late payment. You can find the entire law here.