School card

Good to Know About the School Card

The period year ticket is personal

The year ticket may only be used by the person for whom it is issued. In the event of abuse, your / your child's ticket and the right to free school travel may be revoked.

The school card is only intended for the school year ticket and may not be loaded with other tickets or travel cash. If you still choose to load the school card with other tickets or travel cash, the following applies:

  • no loss guarantee can be given.
  • the card is blocked when the loss of the ticket is reported, which means that any other tickets and travel cash on the card are considered used up and can no longer be used.
  • the card cannot be handled by UL Center.

The school card is non-transferable

The school card can only be used by the person it is issued to. In the event of abuse your/your child’s card and the entitlement to free school travel may be withdrawn. Note that the school card may not be uploaded with other tickets.

Validity periods

The 2023/2024 academic year applies to all school cards for free travel on vacation-free days on Monday-Friday at 04.00 - 19.00 on UL:s buses, SL commuter trains between Uppsala-Arlanda, and Mälartåg between Sala-Uppsala, Gävle-Uppsala and Uppsala-Knivsta-Arlanda/Märsta. The last journey home must start no later than 19.00. The card is valid during the period August 14 - December 21, 2023 and January 9 - June 13, 2024.

You must have a valid school card with you every time you travel

You must have a valid school card and it must be swiped for each journey. If you have forgotten to bring your card with you, or if it is lost, blocked, or has not yet been delivered by post, then you must pay for your travel yourself.

If your card is damaged?

Should the card stop working you/your child can obtain a “damaged-card-receipt" from the bus driver, which is valid as a ticket for a maximum of seven weekdays. Make a report and order a replacement card as soon as you can.

If you have lost your card?

If you/your child loses the card you must report it and order a replacement card as soon as you can. A new card will be sent to you at your official registered home address within seven weekdays. During the time you must pay for your tickets yourself.

If you finish school? 

Should you/your child finish your/their schooling in the middle of the term the academic ticket on the card will be blocked.

Road safety

At you can read/obtain information that caters to schoolchildren between 6 and 12 years and who will begin traveling by school transport. It is safe to travel by bus but accidents can happen and then it is good to know what to do.