Wheelchairs and walkers
Aids such as wheelchairs and walkers are always good to take with you on your journey, provided that the equipment and space on board allows it. Many of our buses and trains are equipped with ramps or lifts and you can find the maximum dimensions and weights below. Electric mopeds/scooters with steering, off-road vehicles or similar may not be taken aboard our buses and trains.
Wheelchairs on buses
• Maximum weight for a person plus wheelchair and walker – 250 kg.
• The biggest dimensions for wheelchairs are 120 cm long and 70 cm wide.
• Buses with assigned spaces for wheelchairs feature restraint devices. Please ask the bus driver to help fasten your wheelchair.
Wheelchairs on trains
• Maximum weight for a person plus wheelchair and walker – 300 kg.
• The biggest dimensions for wheelchairs are 130 cm long and 90 cm wide.